The 2013 season saw the celebration of 100 years of golf in Ouyen.
The first game was officially played in August 1912 on a new nine hole course. Surnames of district families who competed in that first event included Caldow, Kennedy, Rowe, Cooper, O’Callaghan. Members at that time were levied an annual subscription of 2 shillings and sixpence.
The club relocated to its present site in June 1915 and opened its new 18 hole course with a tournament on June 7th - a gents singles event of 18 holes and a ladies singles of 9 holes. In 1919, council agreed to allow the Golf Club to erect a “shed” (Club Rooms) on the "reserve west of the town". The "shed" has certainly improved since that time.